Our Arachne necklace was named after a character in the latin poem Metamorphoses, which tells the tale of a beautiful young woman who beat the goddess Minerva in a weaving contest. When the enraged goddess punished her, she died of shame and was transformed into a spider.
Arachne features a hexagon gemstone with a secret spider web at the back of the necklace, allowing it's wearer to wear two ways. The pendant hangs from a sturdy rectangular link chain, however is available without a chain so you can wear on our custom charm chains (sold separately).
Each Arachne necklace is painstakingly crafted by hand to fit the hand cut gemstones they hold. Due to this, no two settings or webs are the same, just like they are in nature.
- Limited run, choice of 2 aventurine stones available, please pick from photo 3
- Custom made to order (2-3 weeks for brass, silver, 3-4 for silver and gold to allow hallmarking.
- Available with or without a chain
- Please note solid gold chain will vary in cut
- Delivered gift wrapped with dust bag and box