Our Arachne necklace was named after a character in the latin poem Metamorphoses, which tells the tale of a beautiful young woman who beat the goddess Minerva in a weaving contest. When the enraged goddess punished her, she died of shame and was transformed into a spider.
Arachne features a hexagon gemstone with a secret spider web at the back of the necklace, allowing it's wearer to wear two ways. Our clearer stones (fluorite and clear quartz) allow the web to be seen through the stone from the front. The pendant hangs from a sturdy rectangular link chain (see last two photos for this chain).
The model photographs (pic 1 & 2) show the pendant in the fluorite and silver option worn on our 16" custom charm chain (sold separately).
Limited run stones available: Rainbow Fluorite, Carnelian, Lapis Lazuli, Orange Aventurine and Rose Quartz. Please pick your stone from the final photos. Our Green, Clear and Purple options can be bought HERE
Each Arachne necklace is painstakingly crafted by hand to fit the hand cut gemstones they hold. Due to this, no two settings or webs are the same, just like they are in nature.
- Limited run, 1 to 2 stones available for each option, please select from the numbered photos.
- Custom made to order (2-3 weeks for brass and silver, 3-4 for gold to allow hallmarking.
- Available with or without a chain
- Please note solid gold chain will vary in cut
- Delivered gift wrapped with dust bag and box